Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sanibel Island 2011


Sanibel Island 2011
The kids and I went to Sanibel Island the same week in 2010, and we had such a blast, we knew it was going to become a regular thing... so we booked it again for 2011.  Rather than stay in a hotel, I opted for something different.. We stayed in a two bedroom condo on the beach.  It was GREAT!  Eric was not able to get off work, so I invited my good friend Lisa and her two children to go with us.  It was such an awesome trip.  It was the first vacation she had ever gone on without her husband so I think it was a little tough on her and her hubby, but my kids are used to it!  Lisa and I got to know each other even better than before... and our kids got to play..it was awesome.  The kids loved each other.. and it really was an amazing week.  Here are a few pictures:


Thankfully we had Austin with us to handle the gross fishing stuff!


Lisa and her sweet kiddos, Moonie and Jacob




Fishing at the beach 
One of the many beautiful shells we found. 

A starfish the kiddos got to touch that someone found in the water

Swimming with the stingrays

Austin found the first sand dollar....can you see the look of jealousy in her eyes???  Honestly for about 25 minutes she followed him around and begged for it.. "Austin, I will give you anything in the world.  All my money... "


The dolphin tour wasn't successful, but we still had a great time. 


My cutie pies..
Mr. Handsome posing outside the bubble room.

The restaurant we went to had $1 bills all over it.

Can you find Austin's?
My beautiful girls striking a pose outside of the Bubble Room

Fishing on the beach as the sunsets.

Poor Turtle.

Mommy was well prepared with some night time arts and crafts activities.  We made boxes to put shells in and picture frames.  They came out so cute!!!




No comments: