Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day actually kinda sucks to me!


Mother's Day.  Everyone assumes because I am a mom to my two kids, and like a mom to five other little angels, that I deserve mother's day, that it is "my day."  Actually it is the worst day of the year for me.  This is the fifth mother's day since my mom has passed away, and I don't think it is ever going to get any easier.  It's a very busy day in the restaurant business, and I normally take off at least the evening shift, because I can't deal with high stress, when I am emotionally exhausted.. Well this year, I am going to do it.  I work all day, 10am-11:30pm and I am going to "man up" and deal with seeing all these people celebrating with their moms.  I am going to try not to get upset, but I am sure I will have at least one breakdown....It happens when I see someone that reminds me of my mom or the relationship we had.  Well, hopefully my mom can still see me, and she would be proud of me for starting a home daycare.  If she was around she would probably be working with me everyday, because working with kids was her passion as well.  I really miss my mom and I really wish she was still here, and that she got to meet my awesome kids.   xoxo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AWW... Your mom would be proud!

Aurelio Mitjans said...

Just deleted my comment by accident. ...I'm sure she's smiling really hard, mama.