Saturday, September 24, 2011

Every Kid Needs a Dog (and a parent taking photos!)

Every kid needs a dog!! AND someone to capture pictures!! Lately my dogs are starting to calm down a bit more.  They are constantly with the kiddos, and every time I catch them laying down with the kiddos, it reminds me of when I was younger and all the awesome dogs we had.  The first ones were Max and Smokey.  My Nana and Grandad's dogs.   They were both Boxers, and were the best dogs ever!  I remember them so much, despite how young I was!!  Then we had a dog named T-Bone growing up, he was a great dog, too.  I remember the day we had to put him down like it was yesterday.. it was so sad. :(   Then we had Clay, another awesome dog.  We got him because we missed T-Bone so much... and I love the picture of my mom the first time she saw Clay.  Back then he was called Kendall, because we picked him up in Kendall, Fl.  We voted to name him Clay when we brought him home.. he was such a great dog, too.  After my mom died, it was hard for me to take care of Clay, and the baby, so my friend took him.  I still get to see pictures.. He got spoiled rotten!  What a great dog. When I got dog lonely, my friend Eddie was trying to find a home for a dog named Sugar, a 6 month old boxer.. and since all I knew was boxers, there was no question about it.. so now we have had Sugar for about 6 years and Ice (the only non-boxer) for 5.  I love my dogs, and think every kid deserves one!!!!




This is me with Max and Smokey at my Nana's house in the Isle of Man as a baby.  Those dogs were amazing.. I remember them laying down with me while I watched TV at Nana's house...and I remember when I was a little bit older walking down to the town with my Grandad and the dogs to get the paper every morning.
Baby T-Bone with my Dad.  I have so many more pictures but they are before digital...so it's time to dig those up!

Baby Clay with my mom

Clay getting babied

Clay and my brother Alex


Clay guarding baby Erianna

Clay guarding baby Erianna



Clay and Sabrina 2005

Ice and Austin watching TV


No comments: