Saturday, January 8, 2011

Miami Lakes, Florida


In Elementary school my best friend's grandma lived in Miami Lakes, in high school my best friend lived there...so I spent a lot of time there, and boy has it changed. There were cow fields everywhere, and now we have built over those fields. At least it's not a bunch of over priced condos and town houses...more restaurants and shops.. We have however put really cool cow statues around the city, perhaps as a tribute to the cow fields that once existed.
It's so funny how much Miami has changed since I was a kid. Wow, do I feel old. :( I would love to do some of the things I did with my parents as a child, but sadly a lot of this stuff has been ruined. We can't feed the fish by the Ft. Lauderdale seaport, 9-11 heightened security, and now you can't get in there without a cruise ticket. Greynolds Park in Miami was such a great park, now it's been dubbed as a place where crack heads and homeless people live.. at least we still have the beach... but now it's hard to find parking, and it's definitely not a quarter an hour anymore!!

No comments: