Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cooking Classes


Well, I started out the new year with a huge bang. No resolutions per say, but a huge desire to do things I want to do, and not let things hold me back. (Money, time, kids, etc...)
For years, I have been wanting to go to cooking school. My friend Niki told me that the new Publix had a cooking school, it took me awhile, but I finally went in and got some info. Six weeks. Every Wednesday Night, 6:00-9:30/10, $300.. I can do it. Yeah with the cost of a sitter and all it adds up, but if I learn a few things, it's for sure worth it... and it has been thus far. This was the second class tonight, and I love it. I know after this Beginners Class I am signing up for the Intermediate Class and so forth. I want to be as comfortable and knowledgeable in the kitchen as my Dad is... who has no patience to teach me anything! I made my friend take the class with me, and it's been good to follow through with a friend, and make new things, and let her know about them, and vice versa. It's not a bunch of recipes, it's techniques as well. I have learnt a lot, and would for sure recommend the school to people with any level experience!

No comments: