Tuesday, March 15, 2011

He makes me drink midday.


I had the afternoon off, I had all intentions of doing something fun with the kids, but Austin whined and complained all morning, as he did all weekend...and all I could do was dream of a glass of Malbec. So I had a Groupon expiring soon for a restaurant I had driven by before and wanting to check out called Copper Canyon. So I went there for a late lunch, had a delicious glass of wine, a mouth watering hickory grilled tenderloin filet topped with gorgonzola blue cheese butter & Chilean cabernet sauce. It was served with redskin mashed potatoes, sautéed spinach with red onions and button mushrooms sautéed in red wine and lamb stock. Absolutely delicious. It's hard for me to find a good steak, I believe the restaurant I work for (J Alexander's- http://www.jalexanders.com) has the best steaks, but Copper Canyon definitely was as good!! The side items were amazing, too! (http://ccgrill.com/index.php) I would definitely recommend you check this place out, and can someone let me know when my son will stop going through this "phase?" (Leaving to go and buy a bottle of Malbec now.)

No comments: