Thursday, March 3, 2011

Heaven?

So, my nana passed away on March 2nd, as I was walking out the door to the airport to come home. I went to see her because her friend told me she was not doing well, and I am glad I did. She was very weak, and was laying in bed the whole time I was there. She did tell me she loved me one day, and everyday I saw her the week I was in England, I held her hand and ran my fingers through her hair. I kept telling her how much I loved her, and how much she meant to me, and was thanking her for being so special to me and my family. I was telling her it was ok for her to pass away, that we will be ok without her and that she would get to see her husband, her daughter, her grandson and all the other people who have passed away. It was hard, it was really hard. I cried nonstop, I tried to stay strong but I couldn't. I read all about what happens in people's final days on Earth, so I knew what to expect. So I could prepare myself. I knew when I said good-bye to her on Tuesday night it would be the last time I saw her, but when I got the news the next morning, it was still so unreal. I thought she would live forever. I never ever thought I would lose my Nana. So I spent the day thinking how am I going to explain this to my kids. My daughter absolutely adores her Nana, and I did not know what to say. Although my mother passed away, I was pregnant with Erianna at the time, so I didn't have to explain it to her, but I did have to tell my little sister at the time.. so I thought I would do it the same way. It did not go as planned, my son kinda looked at me clueless and didn't get it...my daughter absolutely cried her eyes out. When we got home, my daughter ran to the kitchen grabbed a picture of nana and went into my bed and laid there and continued to cry. She didn't get it.. She had so many questions.. I told her nana was above the clouds in heaven watching over her, and her body would be in the cemetery with my mom and grandfather.. she didn't get it. I found myself just speechless and out of energy.. we just cuddled.. and grabbed a balloon and sent it to nana in heaven.. people passing away sucks. :(
This picture was taken on my way home Thursday morning.. I got stuck over night in Philadelphia, so it took me 28 hours to get home to my babies. :(

No comments: