Friday, April 15, 2011

Reading Time with Daddy



Erianna is extremely smart, but she just got pulled from her advanced reading group because she wasn't keeping up. It's my fault. After being with babies and toddlers for such a long day, come 5:30 when the last two leave I am drained. I don't want to read for 60 minutes, I want to do her homework, bathe her, feed her and put her to bed for 7:30. I really need to get better at reading more with my own kids. I don't want my kids to suffer because I am out of energy when they come home. I really need to work towards my two year goal of being a teacher. I know teaching is exhausting too, but the fact that you finish teaching at 2:00 and you are off all summer, is pretty awesome. I need to be there more for my kiddos. The daycare is a 50 hour a week job, and J Alexander's is another 20 hours in the weekend, doesn't leave me too much time. I am looking forward to using my substitutes a little more over the summer, and hopefully catching up with Erianna, and making sure Austin is ready for Kindergarten.

No comments: