Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

I may be British, but I really could care less about the wedding.. I am more interested in seeing pics from my cousins wedding coming up later this year in England.. BUT for some reason for the first time EVER my dogs were barking NON stop from 4am that morning. Let them out, gave them food and water..nothing helped.. they were non stop, until I turned on the TV and started watching it. I watched it for a few minutes and was totally tearing up.. A. Because things that are beautiful make me cry.. anything.. music, children, weddings, births, sweet older people, this list could go on forever.. and B. I was also crying because I knew my mom and grandmother would have been ecstatic to watch this on TV. I wished I was calling my grandmother at 4AM (9AM) in England and talking to her about it. She would have loved it. ( I have gotten up three times now to wipe my tears as I am writing this.....) It would have been the highlight of her year, she would have referenced the Queen, and told me that she was born the same year as her, and named after her.. It would have been such a nice conversation.. (ok Last time I am grabbing a tissue....bringing the whole box to the computer now) Well, it was a long day.. A 4am to 1am kind of day Friday. A rough shift at work, but at least I got to see some good friends.. and my good friends Xavier and Lisa came in, and asked me if I saw it, and I told them I glanced at it, because my dogs were barking, and Xavier quickly replied, that was your Grandmother telling you to watch it. I laughed with him, and teared up, hoping no one noticed, and thought to myself.. that's twice.. that's twice that Xavier has referenced something about my Nana and been right.. Maybe I am strange to think that, but the fact that my friend said the same thing makes it so real... Well, besides all the other stuff I wrote, my kids enjoyed watching it, and got ready for school a little happier than usually.. in the picture Erianna is ready for school and about to brush her hair, and Austin is about to get ready.. and off to a long Friday we all go!!

After note-Notice the lantern on my dresser.. Yep my light bulbs went out in my room two weeks ago, and rather than change the lightbulbs, we had lanterns in the room.. was kind of a camping experience.. ha

No comments: