Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day for me

Well, it's Mother's Day again!  I work allll day on Mother's Day, so I celebrate a day early..I came home from work last night to find some beautiful flowers and a card from my kids and their AMAZING babysitter, Casey.  So SWEET.  I loved it.   I loved it so much I thought it was a great idea to go and sleep in their bed and cuddle them...  loved it.. until I woke up with immense back pain this morning.  Twin beds are meant for one person.  NOT three!


So it was my day.  My mother's day.. my kids wanted to go to the Keys.  I wanted some pain killers for my back and to do nothing but be lazy.  Well, then I decided, there is no way in hell I am going to the Keys, but I would like to go to my favorite restaurant,  El Novillo in Miami Lakes.  It's my favorite restaurant because there is a server there who is so good.  He has become a family friend, and although we don't see him that often, Eysman always makes our experience incredible.  I have been going to the restaurant since high school, and I can't tell you how long Eysman has been taking care of us there, but at least five years. Lunch was great.  He took care of our bill for Mother's Day and begged us not to tip him.  He's crazy.  Jordanna doesn't play that.  Karma is my best friend. :)  Lunch was great.. I had the usual..but an extra glass of Malbec and I think I ate the whole Tres Leches.. SO Delicious.  Then we walked around there for a bit, and the kids begged me to take them to see the peacocks in the Everglades.. so we did. Took some good pics, and went home!  For dinner I made pizza and pasta and Erianna gave me another present.... a Mother's Day cake she made for me.  She even sang to me :) 






No comments: