Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Mayhem

Well, I work in a very high volume restaurant.. it was extremely busy.  Before my shift my friend Ryan and I let the balloons go for our moms, mine got stuck in a tree! :(  I went back out to check on it later on and it was gone, so I think she got it eventually ;)
It was a very smooth shift, everything was executed well, and people were happy.  I could have taken off, but as I spoke about before, I celebrated a day earlier, because I love to work my Sunday shift and see my friends.  I was absolutely taken back by how kind my guests were for the most part yesterday.  I got some kind thank you notes written on credit card slips, but one of my notes really made me smile.  I was so thankful to receive such kind words from strangers.  I read the note and ran back to thank them.  I didn't even count the money the guests left for the check until after they left, and they left me a great tip as well as a beautiful little note. :) It read:
They are right :-)  Only the best mom's work on mother's day, because those are the moms that need the money to spoil their little children!  Cheers to the moms that had to work on Mother's Day!  We rock :) 

No comments: